Tips from the Top

We asked our week one champ, Adam, to deliver some insightful words to his fellow farmers. Here is what he has to say:

As the Sir Edmund Hillary of this Mount Mustache competition, I have been asked to describe how I made my ascent to the Week 1 Base Camp so quickly. Before I do so, I must say I feel honored to be representing such a brash crew of follicular friends, and I can only hope that my advice in this column does not put me in the position of looking down my nose--and hairy lip--at my beloved comrades.

Though the mustache is a physical attribute, approaching strangers with your blooming facial hair might not attract them to the cause, per se. I know I wouldn't sponsor me if I was on the street asking me for money to sponsor mustache growth "for kids." So my advice is to go straight to email format. Just send a mass explanation/declaration to everyone you know and then ask them to pass it along to more people. You can even make it interactive by offering links and pictures. Find your own voice within this genre; I have found that a self-deprecating, yet optimistic tone solicits contributions. Despite the thin, pubescent appearance of my 'stache, I feel confident that this will continue to work for me (see that tone working?). With these ideas, go out 'stached associates, and create your own mustache media machine!

Forever unshaven,
Adam

No comments: